There's no better time than the present for MLS fans, and the guys are in heaven following an insane Decision Day that saw the sixth and final playoff spot change hands seven times, the Western Conference picture shuffle and the Eastern Conference go bonkers only to stay the same (somehow). Listen for analysis from the final day of the regular season, plus a Knockout Round preview that includes a few fearless predictions!
In this episode...
Segment 1 - Decision Day drama
- Can we do that every single weekend? (1:55)
- Scoreboard roulette for the final playoff spot (3:35)
- Should wins be the first tiebreaker? Or goal differential? (7:02)
- What's next for FC Dallas and Real Salt Lake? (9:15)
- 'Caps talk a big game but can't back it up (12:33)
- Should Clint Dempsey miss mulitple games for that elbow? (14:05)
- Joy for Houston ... and despair for Kansas City (16:50)
- USMNT players booed, Miggy returns in ATL (21:10)
- New York City holds serve thanks to Villa (25:45)
Segment 2 - Knockout Round previews
- CHIvNY - Dax trade referendum, pressure on the Red Bulls (29:20)
- VANvSJ - Fredy Montero's attacking futility, Quakes hoping for Goonie magic (34:01)
- ATLvCLB - Potential for fireworks as Almiron returns, Crew SC play for the fans (38:05)
- HOUvSKC - Who starts up top for Dynamo? Can Sporting buck history? (43:11)
Segment 3 - Mailbag and Hot-Take Hotline
- This week's Baerantee is trash (49:40)
- Shame, shame, shame from Canada (52:04)
- Revisiting preseason predictions (52:54)
- Naming names and revealing our awards ballots (59:15)
Subscribe to ExtraTime Radio to listen to the podcast twice a week. "Like" ExtraTime Live's page, so you never miss a show on Facebook Live!